Friday, July 24, 2009


Here's one of the little projects that is nearly done -- W.I.P. -- I'm just not sure where I wanna go with it, so it's sitting in the hutch, waiting for some kind of inspiration or something...maybe a good cool soda at this point --

It's been horriblyy y humid the past couple days -- yesterday before11 a.m., it was 80 Degrees with 75% humidity..I'm sittin' here at the desk with more humidity floating all over, OVAH me -- I'm melting I think. But it's been raining for the last week -- off and on, so the tomatoes are taking off, the grass is growing like wildfire, and noah has his work cut out for him with the lawnmower. Thank heavens he likes to do that mowing, 'cause if I tried it'd just be slap ugly. Well -- what I mean is, after I had heat stroke a number of years ago, it just makes me ickiee if I try to get out in the heat & humidity and work really hard. I have this silly tendancy to just haul off and fall over..which makes it hard to get any work done at allwhen I'mlaying there all sprawled out on the grass. Besides, it irritates the ants when some big ol THANG like me just goes kaa-p-lop on the ground.

They have no sense of humor.

Meanwhile, I'm getting ready to sand and repaint a frame I found at the local thrift store last weekend - $1.00 -- whoo hoo!, just my kind of price, and there were 2 of'em, so I had to grab 'em while I could get tom to agree to buy 'em. HA! -- jus' get him sidetracked an' it works like a charm! -- I'm also debating on entering a piece I worked out last fall...into a show at the local art league. My past experience with them was pretty bad, so that's kinda holding me back. Maybe this time things will go better...jus' kinda-sorta-gonna play it by ear.

Must go & get some other stuff done..and get the air conditioner running..it's humid like crazy again...

Lady of The Tulips

3 comments:

Sharon P Pope said...

This is gorgeous Tulip! I love the colors!

I enjoy your adventures. You have a great way of telling about your days. Like you're sitting across the table having coffee or a coke and chatting with us. So fun! :) Have a wonderful weekend!

LadyTulip said...

** Why thank you!! **

I'm gettin' ready to go and sit at my kitchen table and just look around while tom fixes the bbq -- with a nice cold coke!! >> You have a wonderful weekend, hear?! <<

L.

turquoise cro said...

Love that art Lady! Is that turquoise???!!! LOL It has a Cool feel to it! O! I forgot to tell YOU, my Rose of Sharons are really zooomming too!