Friday, July 31, 2009

Ok -- I started a post a couple minutes ago, but the whole thing went poof into the never never land of computer-something,so here we go again.


I wanted to share a picture of both our rose of sharon and the tippy-top of the crape myrtle -- they are just bloomin' their little heads offff, what with this heat, humidity and all the rain, rain, rain we've been having -- the weather people say it's going to be a couple more days of all the water, then it's supossed to be done with. Ahhmm...I'll believe it when I see it. Or until I can stop melting just while I'm sitting still. It's getting a little old at this point, and there are parts of the country that would jump up and down and kiss the old hound dog sittin' in front of the town hardware store, just to have a sprinkle of rain at this point. And we're havin' storms that have ratttledd the windows, made the dog go and hide in the bathroom, and given me fits and spits with all the water bangin' against the side of the air conditioner....

But on to other things -- it's the weekend already, and now I'm gettin' some "plans" in order to go thriftin', junkin' and doin' all things yard sale for tomorrow. Tom doesn't know it yet, but he's gonna be my driver for the day -- He'll get over it, 'specially if he finds some old tools to keep him happy -- there are usually some good yard sales in the neighborhood, what with some of the seniors moving away. The family rarely wants to keep all the old stuff."It's just old junk.." they say -- WHOA!! -- I say, bring it on!! -- What with a little coat of paint, some distressing that's already been done..Boy Howdy!! -- just what the Dr. ordered!! Yess Inddeeed!!

Gott to make this short -- this desk is just about crawling with ants all of a sudden -- Noah has this rediculous (sp) habit of eating candy, donuts and whatever else in here, and the crumbs naturallly don't get swept up..the ants love him to pieces, but MOTHER is not so impressed, what with the little teeny black ants all of a sudden EVERYWHERE..and they BITE -- OUCH!! -- and it hurts, and it makes me irritated..grrr..


Lady of The Tulips

No comments: