Friday, July 17, 2009


Here's a picture of Bub -- Shhhhh..he's sleeping!!

Doesn't he look jus' as cute as can be, all curled up, making sure the firewood box is safe from any kind of Bad Things coming near? He's such a funny little stray kitty-cat!! He & I had a discussion just this morning, about how he has a badddd case of the shed's -- his fur seems to be everywhere, and one of the chairs on the deck is nearly covered with it. And I just cleaned that chair off the day before. I'm going to say he's shedding 'cause it's so blasted hot. Yeah. Tha's it...

We are finally in the midst of the HEAT & Humidity -- shwwooo -- I'm sitting here with the air conditioner OFF -- Noah is such a tight-wad, he doesn't like to run the air conditioning, so it's melt-ville for ME - - and it's supossed to get hotter for the next couple dayz....the humidity is going to be climbing too, so the Melt-Factor is going into overdrive...But after the cool spring we had, it's ok...the heat is here and it is after all, the middle of summer. That time of year when the old saying, Dog Days of Summer come along...not that there is anything wrong with dogs, but they seem to not do as well in this kind of heat as they do, when say, it's 80 Degrees, with a nice breeze blowing, and the humidity in a pleasant range of 40 %. Our Dog, however, just doesn't seem to like much of anything these days, so she's no gauge of what to expect for the rest of summer...


There are some things I need to take care of, an' messin' around here just aint gettin' my Stuff DONE -- I did, however, get a good soaking of the 'maters with some compost tea, and even tho they look miserable, I'm still trying to get my sickly basil plants to do SOMETHING -- they aren't doin' much..and the bugs are starting to attack them again. Blast. And I sprayed the basil with the organic insect spray, but it looks like my spraying isn't doing enuf, and the bugs may be winning the battle. Grrr...Maybe next year the basil will do better..

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: