Tuesday, July 28, 2009


Summertime!! -- here are the daylilies that are around the tomatoees..all of them, that is, the daylilies, maters, peppers and all the Rest..they are just as happy as a clam in the best of dayz. The rain, rain and more rain has made everything take off like there was no tomorrow. Actually, as far as I know there will BE a tomorrow, but you get the picture.

I just got back from my morning bike ride, and there is a breeze coming off the river, and it feels like in the next couple hours we'll have more storms. That's all it's been doing the past week -- when I think it's gonna just sprinkle, or have a nice little rain..Ho-Ho!! -- it just explodes! -- lightening like it's the 4th of July all over again...thunder that shakes the poor little cabin, and then just sheets of pouring rain. I thot I'd left my Very Fine Automobile window open after I got home from church on Sunday night..poohey--al I could see were $$$$ signs all over the place, if the electric wiring got fried from all the water coming in the windows. BUT --- Yay!! -- tom went out like a Good Doobie,and made sure the windows were Rolled Up!! Double Yay!! -- no more repairs on the car - well, for now!! HA!! --

Noah is just about dancing in the streets -- well, maybe not dancing,but he is a happy person 'cause he finally got a job that will last more than a week!! -- The packing house up in Va., has him lined up for this week at least, and maybe for the long-term. The plant is getting warmed up for some kind of big Something, and noah just happened to get to talk to his boss at just the right time for one of the shifts that needed somebody Not Afraid to come in at 4:45 a.m. -- 'Course it means that Tom & him have to leave here no later than3:25 or so to make it up to the plant by 4:45, but tha's ok -- it's a Job!! -- So we have our fingers crossed that it's gonna last.

Must go finish some gluing on the canvas over on the table...I'll get a W.I.P. on here tomorrow -- later on today I'm also gettin' a shot of our Rose of Sharon that is just blooming it's little head off -- actually there are 4 outside that are just goin' along like Zoooommm..Wow. The previous owners just loved to plant lotz of flowers! Yay!!

Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

turquoise cro said...

Yayyyyy! for Noah! O! I am still green with envy about your bike!!! hehe Poor Sara(is that the right sp for her name, tell her I'm sorry if it's wrong! LOL)I know she doesn't like the storms! It's raining here right now, but a really soft gentle one, making me soOOOOOOo sleepyzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZ! LOL

LadyTulip said...

We haven't had rain now for a whole day!! Whoo - Hoo!

Have yourself a great weekend, k?

L.