Wednesday, July 22, 2009


Here's wilbur..well I shouldn't say that 'cause it may be a female but this little friend of ours has been in and out of the yard for it seems for-EVAH -- just when I think it's gone and county, wandered out toward the water or just vanished...noah hauls off and finds it again..just cruisin' along in the grass, havin a good time.

We also have a possum that comes and checks out our garbage every now and then..I've named him Arthur. No -- I've never known a person in my entire life with that name, but it just fit for the possum somehow. Tom just laughs when the little thing starts fumbling around under our bedroom window, rattling the bags of trash, and crashing along in the grass, daylilies and irises. I have no idea how the critter hasn't smashed the plants to smithereens, but the plants have hung on for dear life, tolerating the smashing of a VERY fat possum. When tom scared the little booger one early morning ,it waddled away so funny..he looked like he just couldn't decide if he could run/waddle/stumble or WHAT -- and that NOSE..ugh...but he does have a funny little fat body, and a tail that looks like it got washed badly in the washing machine. Our Little Friends.

I've got some more 'maters on the kitchen sink -- noah brought them in last night just after a brief sprinkle...we keep getting drips and drabs of rain, and I'm beginning to think I'm going to develop gills...it's not that I'm complaining -- we so terribly need the rain, and there are some folks that haven't seen a rain cloud in about for-EVAH -- so it is wonderful and a miracle we have these pop-up showers every now and again in the past week. The garden of noahs is all done -- he picked the last of the corn he had and now he's pulling the weeds around the edges of the plot, and getting ready to put in some collards. He doesn't like the idea of trying to plant a short crop of beans, since we don't have a frost 'till late in october, and that would give us plenty of time for a couple batches of beans for the freezer...but I cant change his mind for NOTHIN' -- so I shall not attempt at this point in time...

Meanwhile I'm thinking of ways to use the green tomatoes...FRIED!!..'course..JUST don't let my Dr. know!! He so hates anything fried...maybe if I just say it was from a wave from some Ya-Ya's that did it..!! -- Tha's the ticket!! The Ya-Ya's made me fry those 'maters!! HA!!

Gotts to go -- I'm not riding my bike this morning, as I'm in the middle of something...will discuss that later, but have to go do some things for now...wheeeee..


Lady of The Tulips

No comments: