Tuesday, July 21, 2009


Thrift Store Find!!

~~ this was sitting all by its lil' ol lonesome, near a window in the local teeny thrift store, and right away I knew I had to have it!! Woody Woodpecker was always one of my favorite cartoons and when this series of lunchboxes came out about 10 years ago, it just made me laugh.

So with a little arm twisting and some sighs, I convinced tom that it had to come home with me. The funny thing is, noah had a lunchbox that was a reproduction too..'cept it was the Lone Ranger. He paid something like $9.00 for his...I feel kinda like I made out, 'cause this was only $2.00 -- !! -- Shhwwoo, Yeah!! ~~

Now it's sitting happily on my work table, with a batch of my thread spools inside. The spools had been on a big rack that I bought way back in the day, but during our move last year, the rack got broken, and the spools had no where to go..cept in a bag that took up too much room in the closet inside the studio. So this little pal of mine will take care of all my threads, and make sure the spools are safe and sound. Or at least keep them from getting dirty and have some kind of bug attack them in the middle of the night.

I'm doing the normal, "Waiting for my paint to dry.." thang at the moment. Tom always thinks it's funny when he calls and asks me what I'm doin' -- "Waitin' for my paint to dry..." -- I can't help it, it's just one of the daily things that happens to me..if I'm working on a piece of collage, naturally I'm going to be doing some kind of painting or cutting fabric, or gluing some kind of tidbit onto the canvas..I MEAN -- what does he expect me to be doing? -- sitting at the tv? -- Well...I'dBE sitting at the tv if there was a baseball game on, but there isn't one on at the moment, so I have to check the schedule and make sure...

Anyway --

Back to the paint -- there is some matte medium on a piece of fabric, and once it gets done drying, the I'll be able to get it and my canvas board all finished up. Drives me crazy to sit and wait for something, but it's the last piece of my puzzle on this canvas, so that's pretty good for the afternoon...

Noah's watching some movie out in the front room that I can hear from here -- sounds like a fight, drunken brawl or something he's watching...yee gadz...reminds me of some baddd days wayyy back when...glad I survived THAT!! -- So while the movie goes along, I'll get some other things taken care of and see what the garden is doing..we've had rain for the past 3 or 4 days, and it's turning everything green. My skin feels like it's turning green too, but maybe it's just my imagination...

The 'maters are happy, the basil is pouting in it's flower bed, somaybe I'll have to go outside and have a lecture with said basil and let it know it's not keeping up with it's end of the Gardening Bargain...like GROWING. Maybe a stern LOOK will do the trick..

Must check on 4 other things while I have the chance..will yak later..


Lady of The Tulips

No comments: