Tuesday, January 26, 2010




SO ~ After much searching, a few phone calls, and various and sundry other things that nearly made me go off my rocker...

I finally got The Bus > As you can see from the photos, it has the original paint job (Tho I'm not too fond of the "Racing" stripe on the side, but tha's another story...) - and there is a teeny bit of rust > but there's so little of it, that I have to stand and look all over the thing to find it.

We made the trip on Saturday morning - I thot the city where the bus was was a little closer to where we live..

So much for thinkin' >

4 hours later, we got to the location, and had a great time talkin' with the owner of the shop, a couple of his friends, and his granddaughter...all together a fine day. The sun was shining, we got the paper work signed (after locating a notary for the Legal Bit of it all...) and even tho it doesn't have a license plate on it (oops..sorta not legal, but that's just one of those things...) Tom drove it back up here, an' that thing just purred right along like it was ready for the trip all alogng.

We didn't get back here till after 7 p.m., but it was so worth it!! ~~ It's all clean inside, has a nice stereo and a bed in the back...the rear seat folds down to a king size bed. There are curtain rods for the windows, 1 is missing, so I'll have to replace that - I've almost decided on the fabric for all the windows, and found some reproduction fabric - Oilcloth - with a print on it from the 30's - How very cool is that? And it's a print with orange flowers...

I mean..

What else could I buy?

So, we have to wait for the insurance papers to get here, then we take all the Legal Papers to the State Office (Tho not the same one where I got my drivers license..that'd be too easy, know what I mean?) - and the title gets changed to toms name - he just doesn't know it yet, but it's getting changed to ME after that...So There!!

So, tha's my new Ride..

Pretty high tech..

As if...

But I gotta go get some gas in toms car, 'cause he ran his car home on E..clever boy..

I'm gone...


Lady of The Tulips

4 comments:

Janet said...

Way cool! You are the owner of a true hippie bus! Peace!

LadyTulip said...

Aint it Somethin'!? ~ It runs pretty good for bein' over 30..wish I could say the same for Me!! Hee Hee!!

Lauri

Darla said...

Oh my, a friend of mine had a nearly identical VW bus, no fridge, etc. but certainly the table.

I'm having flashbacks, gotta go!

Darla

Sharon P Pope said...

Really kool bus, Tulip! I love Volkswagens and have always wanted a bug, but have never had one. I hope you have many happy years together. :)