Friday, January 08, 2010


"Love The Beach" ~ 2010 Spring Bay Studio

This one DID get done ~ ALL done just this week. The fish I sketched out about 3 weeks ago, while I was pouting over the fact that it was a nice, sunny afternoon, and all I wanted to do was watch a baseball game on tv...

Funny thing about WINTER TIME ~ no baseball on tv. 'Cept those re-runs of games that I certainly don't remember, and if I ask anybody in THIS house, then all I get are cold hard stares, as if there's a 3rd head growing on my person somewhere...

So anyway - where was I? ~ OH ~ yeah..the fact that it was really REALLY sunny, and I thot about how nice it would be to go over to the boat ramp, and go hang out on the dock, with a nice fishing pole, an' just do nothing but enjoy the day. Well, I mean, 'course, catching a fish would HELP, but that's another story. So, instead of being able to do what I WANTED to do, instead I sat down with the state Fishing Guide to some part of the state, don't remember where..an' started sketching MY interpretation of the local fish.

These aren't in any way an exact copy of what's swimming around out there..no..Over THERE>>SEE?? -- This is just the way I think they should look..maybe with a little more color on 'em than in real life.

Sorta like when one of your friends tells you, "You could use a little color around the eyes, kinda perk 'em up a bit.."

Those kind of "friends" also tell you that it's past time to loose those 10 pounds too, but be that as it may...

I had fun with my fish ANYWAY (10 pounds or no...) an' so here it is.

Boy, that was a long drawn out explaination as to how I did this collage...

It's 'cause of our "Snow" ~ Actually the Lack There-Of...I was hoping for maybe 4 flakes..if they hit somewhere it sure wasn't here, 'cause there is nothing but some teeny little puddles on the driveway...an' some moisture along the path in the yard where Noah walks to the shed...

Snow.

Fat chance.

An' now that I grumbled about it, watch..it's gonna haul off an' drop like 10 inches next week, an' I'll be left to explain THAT ONE...

Oh Well - tomorrow is going to be a busy day for this girl..gotta go with Tom to get his car inspected..get the tags paid for...go up to the City an' get some of those big sheets of poster board..I use the black sheets for my backing paper on the back of my collages once their put in their frames...an' I gotta buy 5 frames - hopefully they'll be on sale at the art store..PLUS - now I don' wanna get all excited, 'cause I've heard this one before..but Tom SEZ he's gonna take me to go buy some new tennis shoes..

He SEZ he's tired of lookin' at the old ones I'm trying to wear anymore...I've had 'em since '02..for real...the sole keeps flapping while I walk, an' it sounds like a muffled clap- clap -ing off in the distance...people kinda look aroun' like their trying to figure out what the sound is..an' all I can do is keep walking an' try not to look like I'M THE ONE making the sound...

So new shoes it is. >>> We'll see...

So for now, it's over to the work table..gotts to see me papers..AND my new pak got here yesterday !! ~~ Whoo - Hoo!! ~~ Ordered the pak on monday, an yesterday here they were in the mail box! ~ Gotta love it!!

Lady of the Tulips

1 comment:

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hello Lady Tulip,

The great thing about art is that you get to make those fish Colorful even it they aren't!! :0) I love it!!

Hey, I'll send you some snow..I'm looking at about 2 inches right now and it's 7 degrees with the wind chill!! brrrrr

Thanks so much for your kind comment on my little Queen going to the Opera collage....I'm brainstorming a new one now. :0)

Have a wonderful day,
Stephanie