Monday, January 11, 2010

~~ Well, I thot I'd pop on here jus' for a minute, to say that it is so blasted cold this morning, that the inside of the cabin was just a shade over 50 ~~

Tom & Noah left early this morning, and neither one of them built a fire, so by the time I crawled out of bed, it was coooold...and I was not a Happy Mommy. SARA-Dog just looked at me, begged for 3 doggie biscuits, and layed back down on the living room carpet. I went outside, partially filled the old metal bucket with kindling wood, and came back in the dining room and built a nice bigfire.

YAY!! ~~ Warm in 'bout 30 minutes, and my fingers were even feeling normal!! ~~ Now it's up in the upper 60's back here in the studio, so I'm not using my little portable heater..the heat from the woodstove is keeping things nice & toasty. I like that I totally went into the whole FIREWOOD thang, and have kept that stove cookin' all day...shwooooo..if there is one thing that is just NOT,it's being cold INSIDE your house/cabin.

Well, at least for ME it is...

And for NEWS ~~ I did make it up to the city with tom...the trip was a neverending nightmare..traffic was weird from the get-go, even down here..don't know if it was something like lingering effects from the Blue Moon or WHAT..but by the time we made it to the art store, we were both in pretty grumpy moods...an' to make matters worse, I couldn't find the right size for one of the frames I needed. I've got 3 canvases finished that are 9" X 12"...an' we searched for for-EVAH for the right size frame..up one isle, and down another..searching, searching..

I walked over to the Framing Center, but the guy behind the counter was too busy with some lady who couldn't decide over 2 edges for her print...I nearly grabbed one of the frame samples, and screamed "TAKE THIS ONE
< DAYYUUMM-IT !!" But I refrained from doing so...I just kept lookinganglookingandlooking...

Finally the guy behind the counter helped out Miss Clueless (Told you I was in a bad mood...) and helped me out...well, sort of. We did find 1 frame I needed, "But the rest are on order and should get here this next week..."

LAWDY..I started thinking about where the closest bar could have been...

An' it's been HOW MANY YEARS since I've been in a bar???

So, we got the 3 I did need & found, then we drove clear across the town on over into Virginia Beach...searched and searched some MORE and finally found the size I needed. So we bought a couple extra JUST IN CASE..

Next time I'll figure out something else, but for now, let's just say that I missed church yesterday morning, as the stress-headache-seaching-for-hours gave me the Migraine-From-Hell when I woke up in the morning. So no church for me...

Yuck..

Finally after much aspirin, some rest and more rest, I got to feeling better..

An' today I'm re-purposing the frames I bought..their just too clean and WHITE for my tastes, an' they are slowly coming around to where they need to be. I'm in a much better mood today (after the cabin got warm!!) an' feel like it's all gonna be ok now.

I'll find out what day I can take my pieces into the little gallery/shop probably tomorrow..I'm trying not to get excited - but am still pretty excited about the possibility of it all..new chances to SELL my work is always a multi-layered thing..so many obstacles to face - jump over - deal with...sheesh...wish it were a lot more easy..

No shoes, tho - by the time we were done with finding the frames and nearly being involved in a 5 car pile up, we were so exhausted, we just made a bee-line back down here..I've never felt so exhausted in like, for EVAH!! ~~ I told tom, it's a good thing my Dr. appt. isn't for a few more months..it's gonna take me all that time to recuperate..

So I'm off to finish my paint..it's fun, but a lot of work..I'll post pics tomorrow..I hope..

I'm gone..


Lady of The Tulips

No comments: