Tuesday, January 19, 2010


"Shore" - 2010 - Spring Bay Studio

Here's one of the pieces that got finished while I was trying very hard not to freeze to pieces the other week - I wanted to be someplace else; the warmer the better. But since that wasn't something that could be accomplished without drastic measures ~ like robbing a bank to come up with the $$ to GO someplace warm..well, then I decided that I'd make up a little piece that SEEMED like it was located someplace warm instead. Whoo - EEE...

Much better than robbing a bank..

Or finding some old codger to be my sugar daddy...

Neither one a very good idea...

And now I'm in the process of getting this piece and a couple others down to a gallery/shop on Ocean Highway. The place actually has a street address, but it's still down Ocean Highway ~ I have to wait for a certain time to call, as the bizzy lunch hour is nearly on them, and too, the person who is going to give me a ride isn't home, so I'm waiting for 2 things at once.

And here I said I'd not try to do 2 things at once..That lasted something like 2.124 minutes >>>

But I'm optimistic on these selling, so I'm keeping my self open for Positive ~~ That's the goal for the New Year I think. Now that it's nearly 3 weeks into the new year. Hey. better late than never! And too, because the place is in a pretty busy location, that may be a good thing as well - lots of foot traffic, lots of business, so that WILL mean people to buy my work.

There.

That's the way to look at selling Art in this lousy economy.

I mean, there are people with money ~ They just are keeping a low profile these days. It doesn't pay for them to go around flaunting their cash in people's faces, so they just sorta go about their business - buying this, that, and the other thing. And my Belief is that one "Thing" that they can buy is my Art ~ Easy as can be.

Don't you think?

An' with that, I've gotta go - some other stuff has been sitting on the work table - it's driving my last good nerve to just about the end. I'm fighting with some lettering - I don't have the smarts to figure out how to get some letters from my computer printed out..no, no - that would be too easy. So, I'm working out my own lettering, and that's going ok - it's just that I'm trying to get the shading around said letters Just Right that's driving me nutz...The right shading, and color. Should be a piece of cake.

Or a slice of pie.

Either way it shouldn't be making my nerve in the back of my neck feel like somebody's pinching it to make me drop to the ground and be quiet.

But there ya go....


I'm gone -


Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

Darla said...

I enlarged the photo and lo and behold discovered the great script in the background. That made me like the picture I already liked... even more.

Darla

LadyTulip said...

Why thank you darla! ~ And isn't that paper just too cool!? I fell in love with it the minute I saw it.

Glad you like this piece.

Lauri