Monday, January 18, 2010

"Surf" ~ 2010 ~ Spring Bay Studio ~
It seems that when a person actually reads directions that come with assorted items ~ i.e., in this case my CAMERA..it behooves said individual to Follow The Directions ~

Well, what I did, was follow the directions that are printed quite nicely in the finely printed booklet that came with my camera, and lo & behold, here is a better picture of one of the recent pieces I worked on ~~

This was one of the canvases that I'd thot about for a couple of days ~ Oddly enuf it was during the recent COLD spell that covered the entire U.S. ~ or so it seemed. For me, it just seems a little off-kilter to be working on Summer Themed ~ Beach Themed items, when the outside temperature is hovering around 30 Degrees (For here, that kind of high temp. for the day is lingering on HORRID & NAHHSTY ~ ) and inside the house, the wind seems to be blowing in thru every 1.2345 inch of space between the windows and walls of the cabin. BUT ~ HOWEVER ~

All while the temps were irritating Sara Beth and Her Dog-ness, I kept having the Beach Boys playing in my head ~ Oh, I know ~ Some people would say that hearing that kind of music in the back of your mind is bordering on a visit to the nearby Mental Health Clinic, those haters of old Surf Music ~ But the music remained, none-the-less, and while I was humming "I wish they all could be California Girls..", I dug around in my little stash of surf-related papers, found the surfboards, got the flower papers trimed, an' Tah-Dah!! "Surf" came to Be!! And that's whats been happening over on the little table...

And now, there are some BETTER photos of those viscious frames that I sanded away for my very life last week...they've so irritated me, that I won't post the close-up of one of them till later on ~ Maybe tomorrow, if my nerves can stand to look at the things...the old saying, "You Get What You Pay For", certainly rings true, and NOW that I'm older and wiser, I KNOW not to buy something just because it's on sale...even under the best of circumstances...unless I know the product ahead of time..used it before..all of that. Those FRAMES were something I'd never seen, let alone considered before, so that should have set off all kinds of Bells & Whistles...

But thats ENUF on those -

What I DO want to say, is that yesterday was a Lazy-After-Church-kinda day - did absolutely nothing..sat on the couch, looked at some catalogs..dreamed of making some curtains in some fabulous Indian Prints..till it dawned on me, that there is nowhere in the cabin for anything of that kind, BUT ANYWAY - it was a lot of fun to look. I now have a project over on the work able - nearly done ~ Now it's time for a touch here & there of paint...some beads..Zipp-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, an' then it'll be fini!! ~~

And a picture will be forthcoming..but not today. Right now I gotta for REAL make sure that Noah is really digging up the new garden bed where I've been asking it to be dug - le's see - uhhmm..since we moved down here? ~ Yup. Not too long...

It's just been a slight suggestion..know what I mean? ~ Kinda like asking The Husband to pick up the laundry an' put said laundry IN the washing machine...not all over the bathroom floor..

No ~ Don' get me goin' ...

I'm gone........


Lady of The Tulips

No comments: