Friday, January 22, 2010

~~ Ok, so it took me over a year to recuperate (Or hush about that spelling...jeesh...) from the shock last year when I failed my drivers license test ~~ I MEAN, it just about made me fall on the floor and stay there till who KNOWS when..plus the fact that the woman giving the test most certainly had to be related somehow to something evil and horrid ~ Who knows what, but she was Definetly Evil ~

So, since then, well, actually the last couple weeks, I've been really really reading the brochure on said TEST - doing my best to Memorize Important Things in the manual for All-Things-Driving for the state. I kept picking up the book, going over and over all the little things that would seem to be on the test.

And then today I finally got myself down to the Test Office ~ Let me TELL you...

I felt sick to my stomach...

My hands were shaking like a leaf...

I was Trying Very Hard not to do something stuiped, like throw up in the parking lot..

And then I finally made it in the door of the Office.

And naturally, there was a line of people ahead of me, waiting to do the exact same thing..and none of them looking too happy about the Whole Thing.

I tell you right now, if I'd been any more NERVOUS, I'd just turned around and walked out that #%"*_ door.

BUT ~ There is a Big Reason that I knew I HAD TO take that $%"^$ test today..

>> SEE << What's happened is that our middle son wants-so-very-badly to have my Butt-Ugly 1994 Sable Station Wagon, that it's almost INSANE how bad ~ I mean, like enuf that he sent me 3 text messages last week about it.

So, we came up with an agreement on the wagon - he buys, PAYS for it, an' then we'll all be happy.

'Cept one thing ~ When he gets my Butt-Ugly wagon, then that leaves me with NO vehicle.

At All.

That's not what should happen ~ ~ Right>?<

So, I've been looking, and looking and LOOKING online at locations close to where I live, that are selling some Good, Running and in Decent Shape - Volks. Vans - o - Busses.

At first I wanted a full on camper model - with the spiffy little sink, table, stove, and fridge..but then after I started to compare prices with those on sale that had all those bells and whistles ~ WELL ~ seems that the prices were Way Up There..but those busses were in Good Shape...

So -

I finally find a good running bus - 73 - called the owner about it, grilled him for something like 10 minutes on the phone - i.e. - How 'bout THis on the bus? - And when he told me that all the biggy mechanical things had either been replaced, or had had completely NEW parts (Like the engine..sorta something important..) then I said ~ WHOA!! ~

And told the guy that me & Tom would be down there tomorrow to really and for REAL check out the van - it's got the bed and storage in it, but not the sink, stove or fridge. Those I can install later if I want...but still...the thot of lighting a STOVE inside of a vehicle...well...

Yeah.

Sorta scares me.

SO ~ Back to the Drivers Office for all things LEGAL to drive a vehicle...

So I go in, praying all the time that I'd pass this series of tests...

Got my eye exam passed (Do You Know Your Traffic Signs?!)

Then I was instructed to go over and take the written test...complete with spiffy new computer screen (New and different than when I first took the test...gulp...) and a pair of headphones to listen to the questions while you also read them on the screen.

Gulp..

Well - to make an altogether LONG story short...

I PASSED MY TEST!! ~~ Oh Happy Day!! ~~ You have no idea how happy I was when the computer said You;ve Passed!! ~~ Whatta Relief!! ~~

So now - with the License in my Pocket Book, I can go down to see the bus tomorrow, and if it is TRULY what the owner sez it is (He runs a vw shop that has a 5 star satisfaction rating...) then that bus is MINE BOY - O - BOY!! And I'll get to drive it home, 'cause now I gotta real NC drivers license.

I feel like I just won the lottery or somethin' - an' now I'm so worn out from all of that for the day, I'm seriously thinkin' 'bout takin' a nap before dinner tonight!!

But Holy Toledo ~ I finally got my test passed..

And if your sayin' to yourself, so WHAT - WELL - because the last time (before I failed the test last year) that I took a written driving test..was in...(ready for this?)

1985.

For Real.

And the last driving test, was when I originally got my drivers license in (ready for this - again?)

1972.

For Real.

So tha's why I nearly danced outta the Drivers License Office this morning..in drippy-rainy-gloomy weather...

'Cause DAYUM ~ Tha's been a Long Time between Tests!!!

An' with that...

I'm Gone ~


Lady of The Tulips

6 comments:

turquoise cro said...

Get UP right NOW Lady Tulip and we will do the HAPPY DANCE together!!! Congrats! and I HOPE that van is what YOU are looking for!! HAPPY week-end girly!!

Janet said...

Good for you!!! Congrats on passing your test. I hate taking driver's tests! As I get older I'm sure they will require me to take them more often (and I understand and agree with it) but I don't even remember the last time I had to actually drive for my license!

LadyTulip said...

Oh Cinda & Janet ~ You have NO idea how much I wanted to dance out of that horrid building..(ever notice how ugly those places are to BEGIN with?)~ But now the fact is that the license lasts for 5 years..an' I'll have to do it all over again....ok - I agree WITH it, but that don't mean I LIKE it!!! Ha!!

Hugzz -

Lauri

Krystin Clark said...

Lauri I don't know what I'm more excited about for you.... the passing of the test, or the uber-cool VW bus!!!! You know.... there are some fantastic sites on how to paint your car. But I won't get too far ahead of myself. May this van be the personal space you so deserve! You rock!!! :)

LadyTulip said...

Awww krystin..your jus' too too nice ... But WHAT ABOUT THAT BUS??!!

Wait 'till ya see the pics..!!
Boy Howdy!!

Lauri

Sharon P Pope said...

Congratulations on passing your drivers' test, Tulip! Doing the happy dance with ya! :)

I'd hate to know I had to take the test again. I nearly had a nervous breakdown the first time. I'm proud of you! :)