Tuesday, January 12, 2010



Here's hoping that these picture's will show what I've done with the new frames that I went thru H*** and back to find the other day..the one frame that's all spanking white and clean is how these were bought.

The other frame (It should show up...) shows where I've aged the wood to make it look like the other antique frames I've been discovering in thrift stores, and junk shops. I almost went with the un-aged frame look, but then I realized that those would stick out like a sore thumb..all shiney looking and new. While all the other frames that I've used are old, kinda beat up, and don't look anything like the new ones.

So, on with the reworking of the frame...took longer yesterday than I thot it would, but the results will outweigh the work done. I was also hoping that I could get the finished pieces to the shop a little earlier than it looks like I'll actually get them there...seems like the time just goes by faster than I anticipate, and Boom, there goes a whole day. Blast. So, looks like more toward the end of the week before the work gets to where it needs to be.

I also - No, actually Noah discovered an envelope of cut pieces of paper that I'd bought something like 4 years ago ~ ! ~ an' I'd stuck the envelope beside my small shelf unit that holds my stamps..he was cleaning out the small area in the desk, found the envelope, handed it to me, with a grunt that sounded something like, "Ithinkthisisyours" Don't quote me on that, but it's pretty close to what I heard...

I'm just about dancing, 'cause the envelope has some really horrible prints/papers in it..Who knows what I was thinking at the time, but then once I took a look, and then looked at some ribbon I gathered up at the Art store the other day..WHOA!..they balance each other out, and the piece that I'd been rambling thru in my head just got some added embellishments for it. Yay! Now to make it all work together ~ this should be interesting to say the least!!

But for now, I've got a frame sitting over on the work table telling me "HEY YOU!!" so I guessI best get it sanded and repainted..time's a wastin' - as the saying goes!!

I'm Gone...


Lady of The Tulips

No comments: