Wednesday, July 30, 2008


"Dwelling in Bliss" ~~ 2008 Spring Bay Studio

I got this posted and now I think I may have already posted it before today, but that's what happens sometimes with my brain..it just sorta goes whacky some dayz..and today is One of Those Dayz..

I've got a big canvas sitting behind me that is giving me fits and spits right now...I told a friend of mine that I'd make a collage for her new house..she didn't really say just what kind of piece she wanted. Something with "Earth Tones, ya know..an' sorta browns an' beinge kinda things..but not too brown, ya know?" My poor little brain makes me wake up at night trying to figure out just what to do with that canvas ~~ sitting in it's little corner just smirking at me. I THINK I'm close to deciding just what to do, but then I get this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, and think, "I'll never get this DAYUM thing done..." and then I go out on the porch and stare at the trees. Nothing gets accomplished, 'cept for the mosquitos chewing on my knees...

But onward and upward!! Tom & I got some odds and ends at our Department Store of choice, the other day..Big Lots! We found some incense that we've had in the house before..somethin' like Berries and Blooms or some odd name...the fragrance is Really good, so for $3.00 for over 25 sticks, we couldn't pass it up. We also got a new set of dishes...we'd been using the old set for over 25 years, and there weren't too many left. We'd resort some nights to using the camping plates that we take when we go to a bluegrass festival, or to one of the state parks for the weekend...not too classy, know what I mean? So we found a basic white set for $20.00 or so...right in our price range. Plus some of the basic goodies we need. Tom has an eye for discovering tools that are pretty good. This week he discovered a set of hooks, nails, screws and anchor bolts for hangind pictures..something like 40 pieces, for I think$5.00 ~~ I thot it was some kinda car ~ part stuff, and it kinda pissed me off. I mean, how many little car part stuff can one guy have? Or, his newest excuse, "I need these for the truck.." And the truck gets fixed by the mechanic at the shop that's in his truckterminal ~~ SOOO ~~ what'z with more parts?? HA! shoz what I know ~~ He didn'twant to start hanging up all our pictures without the right anchor bolts and stuff, so he did the smart thing and got a set of different ones, along with a little diagram that tells what each box is for. Weight of picture ~~ Kind of anchor bolt ~~ all the little things that keep a picture ON the wall, not falling on the FLOOR...made me feel like a toad...

I'm going to get some pictures this morning of the front of our little cabin. Noah's still doin' touch ups of parts of the side of the cabin, but the front is done, and looks so much better. I was really nervous of how it'd turn out when I came down for the inspection..felt like I'd bitten off more than I could chew. But it's turned out to be much less intense work than I first thot, an' that's a BIG relief!!

Lady of The Tulips ~~ Hearing the sound of a truck outside. The new neighbors are setting up their home today...yee ghhhaaaddssss

No comments: