Thursday, July 31, 2008

~~ Just a quick note here, as I'm waiting for some fabric to get dried. I recently bought a pattern for a new handbag...well, actually a Hobo Bag, and naturally after I bought it, I realized I'd need to get some fabric.

That's not too much of a big deal for most folks, after all, most stores are just "around the corner", as the saying goes ~~ but for me, the closest fabric store, that's open on weekends (when I have transportation to get anywhere) is over 60 miles away. Not too "easy to get to" So -- Being that I dont like to spent $$ if I don't have to, I started digging in thru some of the boxes and bags that have recently been unearthed since we moved. And I am ever soo glad that I saved the $$ by not going to the store!! I rediscovered some fabu fabric that was given to me years ago...over 12 to be exact...a wonderful flower print, that goes perfectly with the design of the bag. The pattern instructions also call for a lining fabric, and a fleece fabric, to give the bag stability. I found both!! Tom was a sweety and asked if I needed for him to go into the fabric store near where his truck terminal is, and scout out some fabric. But when I told him no, that I already had some, he was mighty happy. Saving money for him is always a good thing!! After the fabric dries, I'll post a shot of the main body fabric, so ya'll can see what I got goin' on.

This weekend I have to go with tom up to the "City" ~~ not where we moved from, but the next largest town where we do our grocery shopping and hardware shopping. I've gotten to where using the craft scissors I bought4 years ago, has totally worn out my left hand..nicked, scratched and altogether beat to a pulp, are these poor scissors!! They weren't made to go thru some of the beating they've had..some of which was NOT done by me, but by other members of my family. "Oh..I didn't think you'd mind if I cut this wire with your scisors..." ~~ "Oh! Does it matter if I cut cardboard with these??!" How I don't drink heavily is just wayyy beyond me...So, the shopping list for the weekend has begun...Craft and Sewing Scissors...Paper --craft type ...dog items (comb and brush..her's have gone somewhere) the usual...paper towels, paper napkins..cereal...etc., etc., ~~ boring stuff, but when there's only one day to get everything, ya better get it while the chance is THERE!!

Must go and check the dryer ~~ An' don't I like having a dryer now!! Been a couple years without one, so this is such a treat!! The fabric will be all soft and ready to sew together...Yaaa~~

Lady of The Tulips ~~ listening to odd bumps and bangs outside on the front porch...and yes, I'm chicken to go out and see just what that is...

No comments: