Wednesday, July 23, 2008


I went out to the flower garden the other day to make sure some of the mulch noah put down around all the plants was doin' it'z thang and making sure the nasty weeds were staying away...so far so good...There are other spots where he didn't lay the mulch as thick, so in those areas the weeds are poppin' up and saying nasty things to me and noah.

I've got some other papers ready to apply to a canvas board this afternoon, AND I also got some batteries over the weekend, so the camera will be put to work in a little while. The pieces I just got done are a little different that some that I've finished in the past, so there seems to be a feeling of going toward another place in those smooth waters...I just can't seem to leave the water theme alone..strangely enuf!! And I think this weekend we may give it a shot and go fishing over on the dock just to the left of where this picture is taken. It's just down the street, but there's been so much goin' on around here, I haven't had a chance to go and sit on the dock and chill out. And yes, "Sittin' on the Dock on the Bay" does pop up into me little head at times when I look down that road! Jus' waitin' for the right time to get Over There!!

The dog and I had the Most Interesting time the last 2 mornings...she has decided that she ABSOLUTELY HAS TO wake me up before 6:30 in the morning so she can go outside and do her thing..not only jumping on the bed to make sure I'm awake, but also KNOCKING OPEN MY BEDROOM DOOR!! to make sure I get awake..No, I've got no clue how she figured this whole thing out, but it Really Sucks when I'm in total slumber land, and there is this big 90 pound dog standing next to me on my bed...so I've been able to see some of the light fog coming off the sound in the morning, and have had to reseed the feeding spots for the ground birds and squirells...but not really at the time of day I"D REALLY LIKE TO!! grrr...

Must go and get some of the matte medium slathered on my stuff...will post the pieces tomorrow!!

Lady of The Tulips -- listening to the sound of noah doing something out on the deck...hmmm..

2 comments:

turquoise cro said...

Hey! lady of the Tulips! I picked your name! for my winner! I'll send YOU out a print, that print or todays print(if either one comes out,UG! Let's just say I'll send YOU a print if YOU would like one!) That greenery LOOKS very pretty! I was just thinking why God chose green for the main color outside, I'm GLAD he did!!! Sweet Dreams! O! send me your address but I must warn YOU, I am very slow, especially if I have to go and make a copy of these collages! How about some art of mine I have on hand unless YOU really want that silly collage I posted where YOU commented! Just let me know! Here's my email, bluebirddreamer@aol.com ps. That doggie gets up way too early! tee hee

LadyTulip said...

Wow!! ** Aren't you just too sweet!!

Of course I want your work, silly!! I'll be in touch shortly, 'k?

And as for The Dog -- she at LEAST waited 'till 9 a.m. today to go outside...grrr...what's a ma-ma to do?

L.