Monday, July 14, 2008

~~ Here it is another week already!! ~~

And where has all the time gone? -- Well this I know -- with some of the storms we've had, I can tell you that some of the time has been spent listening to the Weather Radio and waiting for updates on what some of the severe storms are doing, and just what direction their heading!! I was sitting right HERE the other day, minding my own business, when it Suddenly Dawned on me that the sky was turning a NAHHHSTY color of black/green..and the wind was starting to pick up..not the best thing under any circumstances!! So I turned off everything Electric, hopped (well, actually sorta ran/walked-fast) out to the kitchen, grabbed the weather radio from the laundry room, and listened to just what the $^%$#"% was going on...we were just under the advisory for a severe storm, and the clouds were gettin' their s____ together for a good time...

SHWOO -- we were lucky that all we had was some wind thrashing small limbs from off of the trees, and some of the trash that was suppossed to go to the dump got moved from the trash can to another part of the yard...we were LUCKY!! I guess up around where Tom's terminal is, the storm played havoc with everything and everybody, but again, fortunately nobody was hurt!!

Our shopping trip to the thrift stores on Saturday went quite well -- I was fortunate to find some blouses/shirts for a total of $15.00 -- and considering 2 of them are silk, well, that just is TOO GOOD TO BELIEVE!! I wanted to also do some looking at Furniture and see what there was...but Tom said "AHEM" an' I knew it was time to leave!!

But there is always next week!! HA!!

Must go and get some painting done -- got 3 new canvas boards, and need to get them covered w/gesso!!

Lady of The Tulips -- Waiting for a Good Time now that the storms are far, far away!!

No comments: