Friday, July 18, 2008

An' when I looked things over, I realized he left the milk out...


Why is it when you get groceries, go thru the hassle of getting thru the check-out, risk life and limb getting thru a parking lot while walking to your car..make the drive home, start putting all the stuff away...AND THEN REALIZE ONE OF YOUR DEAR FAMILY MEMBERS LEAVES THE MILK OUT ON THE COUNTER..

I'll be nice and Not Name Names..but it just gets my blood pressure boiling when I think of what I have to spend in the First blasted place, and then go off to do some odd thang...walk back in the kitchen an' see milk sitting out...crying to be put in the fridge...Poor little bottle of milk..I mean, what did it DO anyway..to be left out and get warm...all while it's crying on the counter...HEY TOAD FACE!! A LITTLE HELP HERE!!

ok -- so anyway..Tom's on his way back up to Virginia..he made another trip to the No. & So. Carolina border early this morning...and I mean EARLY this morning...he left the house before 2 a.m. -- from what I could gather, he said that there have been too many containers not getting thru the security measures at the International Terminals, due to Security Crap...but anyway...so some of the freight isn't getting loaded in time..which cost way, way too much money. So he was told to get down to the food plant in enuf time, so he can get back up to the city, drop the freight in enuf time, so that he can make a turnaround time before the truck terminal closes..what that all means is to get all the 10 hours of driving in Before 4 p.m. today...he didn't sound too bad on the phone..happy and glad that he was on the way back up to the city...he's just wondering why some of the other drivers don't help and pickup some of the slack, so he doesn't have to be the only one making the long trips -- one never knows what's gonna go on next..

I'm waiting for a canvas to dry just over THERE -- an' then I'll pop in some new batteries in my camera & take some shots of the latest works I've gotten done..they look pretty good, even if I don't mind saying so..But of course, that'z only MY opinion!!

The weekend is just around the corner...I'm thinkin of goin' back to the one thrift store an' check out an old rocking chair that was for sale...it looked pretty beat up, but nothing like a new coat of paint, some wood putty and nails won't cure!! Yeah Baby, that's what I'm talkin' about!!

Lady of The Tulips -- listening to noah rattling around on the front porch, painting the trim work...

No comments: