Monday, October 08, 2007

** AS I was saying, before I was So Rudely Interrupted...

I made the piece yesterday with my hand as the center point, for the website MojoArtGroup -- it is a joyous group of mixed media artists who just love to have art as the center piece of their life. I entered my little paw and hope it's met with warm thots. My family used to say that I have spider fingers...but I never knew if that was a compliment or not...My hands are almost exactly like my great Aunt's -- she also had long fingers. I wish I knew her better before she passed away. Unfortunately, she passed away before I really had a chance to know her. A group of thugs beat her, leaving her in a coma. I can barely remember the details of the incident, but I do remember she passed away after that within 10 days or so. She was always one who sent me books as a child, and encouraged me when I studied Theatre and Art. I just hope that I'm able in some way to continue in the right direction that would have made her proud.

The picnic I attended yesterday was quite nice -- Catching up with neighbors is always nice, and hearing stories of what people do day in and day out can be pretty entertaining. I have one neighbor who is just a hoot. She's well over 72 an' is just a pistol -- I wouldn't want to be the one who makes HER angry!! Several of the families who brought their small children had the chance to catch up with everybody else without having the children under their feet...the president of the civic league rented one of those inflatible castles, the type that kids can climb in to and bounce all around -- I don't know what the cost was, but with all the 15 - 0 - 20 kids that were there, they ALL had a Blast in that big bouncy thing!! I almost wished I was young enuf to go play inside that thing!! But, I'd probably hurt myself, so I had to just sit back an' watch all the kids bounce..bounce...bounce...

The Youngest is yet again looking for a job -- it's a holiday today -- Columbus Day...so most of the businesses are closed...I don't know what my son's gonna do while waiting for a call back on a couple places he applied for...just wait it out...The Husband is working today tho -- no rest for the freight haulers. He had an out of town run last friday an got that freight moved to one of the railyards this morning...he didn't get a chance over the weekend 'cause they had a tight schedule to get some christmas stuff moved -- it's just about the middle of last minute shipping for christmas items, so it's push push push...extra hours tho, are ALWAYS welcome!! Just makes for one tired trucker, tho!!

Today I'm finishing up a blouse I started last week...got the bottom hem to finish an' it's all done. I'm gonna try an' get fabric for another shirt this week, if all goes right...I tried last week to make it over to the fabric store, but never got over there. I was considering making a long sleeve blouse for winter, but I was told that the temps this week are going to be near 90 Degrees...Not Quite long-sleeve weather...So, the short sleeve blouse will hopefully get put together...I'd really like for some of this HEAT to go someother place, but it doesn't seem to be listening to ME...humph...

Lady of The Tulips -- who was just asked by The Youngest if I have a knife...wha'?? OH! -- he means a Craft Knife! ~~ OH! ~~ he needs to take some stickers off his hard hat...sheesh..I had NO idea what he meant for a second, there...

No comments: