Tuesday, October 30, 2007

~~~ There are some things that happen an' it just makes No Sense ~~~

Take yesterday...there I was , driving along down the Blvd., going to pick up the youngest at his job, then I was Planning to get The Husband after that, go back home an' have dinner, watch tv...the whole bit. However -- Other Things Occured that kept me from doing the Picking-Up-From-Job an' all the rest...The little car decided that during the middle of rush hour, going along in stop an' go traffic, that it just Did Not Want to Go Any Further. And promptly overheated and spewed radiator fluid all over the pavement. Fortunately there was one kind person who let me change lanes (having my hazard lights on probably helped, too..) an' of all things, the driveway that was closest to me was leading into A NEW CAR DEALERSHIP...I Am NotMaking This Up...

So -- there I was patiently and as time went on, Not So Patiently trying to tell The Husband and The Youngest that, No -- I Was not going to pick them up, as all of the coolant and Stuff had just spewed itself all over the Expectionally Clean driveway of NEW!! CAR!! Dealership, and I was literally going nowhere fast...So -- in the meantime all of the Salesmen were looking at me like they were really REALLY hoping that I'd just go away an' never dirty their Expectionally Clean driveway EVAH AGAIN...But the really cool thaing is that the towtruck driver who came to get me was really a hoot, and we had a good time laughing and he drove that truck like it was stolen...I mean, we FLEW down the street...an' he made sure that he made LOTS of noise when we left the Snoots standing in the Very Clean Driveway..

Which is just a long way to say that to repair/replace my popped out and Completely Dead radiator is going to cost just shy of $500...If I say it fast enuf it doesn't hurt so much. Fortunately The Husband just did get paid..but I had hoped to go get groceries this week...Wait!! Grapes are on sale..and they ARE healthy...hmm...maybe those won't be quite enuf to eat for the rest of the week...But the garage where I've been taking our cars for the longest time is being really good and not charging me for the car having to stay in their lot over night...usually most repair places here charge something like $30 - $50 per night, so I'm really lucky. I was, tho, very sad to find out that the original owner of the garage has passed away, which made me so upset!! He was an elderly man, but he was in that shop EVERY DAY THEY WERE OPEN!! I mean, he was well over 80 an' kept right on working till he jus' got too sick!! Wow!! So, now the 1 mechanic who has been there for over 10 years is running the shop with the owners widow...the mechanic and his wife are helping out as much as they can, I supposse, so that's really nice. And, with my little cost for repairs, I guess the widow will be ok for the time being...


I've got a pretty spiffy project drying in the studio...I've been working with it while I've been cleaning the house and getting it ready for the realtor to see. Rearange and re-do everything for the past week or more. Just moving furniture around can make such a difference!! The Husband said he was very happily suprised at what I did w/our bedroom, so I figure if HE notices, then there must be a good change. We went down an' looked at an older farmhouse this last weekend...that in itself is a Complete Story...an' I'll go into it more this week...les' just say that the place was in such bad shape, that in regards to the rentor in the house, my dear Sweet Husband sez, "Man!! Those people should be paying the RENTOR to stay in that place!! Not Her PAYING THEM!!!" --- I made sure to take a good hot shower after we got back from walking thru the farmhouse...shwwooooo...

Lady of The Tulips -- who nearly shudders at the remembering of the farmhouse floor...oh my dear mother would have fallen right over if she'd have seen that mess...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much going on with the ups an downs of life!

Tammy said...

Bummer about your car!! I really hate car problems! Sounds like it wasn't TOO horrible at least. And the tow truck driver sounds great fun!!