Tuesday, October 16, 2007


** "Starfish" ** 2007 Spring Bay Studio
I got the start on these little friends of mine, while waiting in a parking lot, my youngest was getting some forms filled out at the unemployment office, so I put the time to good use. While I was sitting in the sun, listening to all the cars and trucks go whooshing past on the busy Blvd., I kept having an old 70's song buzzing thru my head..."Your a shining star..no matter who you are..." And while watching people come and go, into the office building, and back out again...climb into their cars, vans and suv's...I kept thinking that everybody is a star in their own right. Even if they have a 1994 Station Wagon like I do...we all have good potential and have the means to make our little light shine, as the old gospel hymn sez. So, these little guys came out from all those thots -- I sat in the early morning sunshine, listening to all the bizzy city sounds, waiting to see what was going to come out of my little sketch pad. And there they are.
I have some new little fish waiting on the table in the studio, but I haven't gotten very far with them. Well, they are sketched and colored in with various pens and markers, but I'd wanted to get further along with a collage than I've gotten. Yesterday was spent going here and there w/the youngest in his quest to become gainfully employed. It's no easy matter. There are always offices that say they have job openings in their companies, but then information gets skewered and nothing happens..an applicant goes into the company thinking there may be a possibility for them, and poof...nothing. So, while driving all over the city, dodging speeding cars, slow moving trucks, and people looking 3 sheets to the wind while driving their cars, I kept thinking I REALLY wanted to get some painting done on the fishies I've got started in the studio. I have finally dug out some colored papers I'd bought sometime last year. I knew they were in a box..but just where inside that box was the question. I dug and hunted around for about 15 minutes, and finally had to sit down to think of where the stack of papers would have gone. No -- they didn't actually GO anywhere...it's just that my brain temporarily took a vacation in the "Where Are Those?" Department...and after I had a bottle of water and walked around the front room, it dawned on me AHHAA!! where those were. It really Drives Me Crazy when I can't remember things like that. But then, for some reason I can remember some weird fact from one of my history classes way back in college dayz, that have no meaning Whatsoever in this current time...go fig're...
The Husband and I may go take a look at an old farmhouse this weekend...it's been for sale for over a year..the price has come down, just like a lot of homes on the for sale market these days. I've been checking a lot of listings in the region just south of us, and have priced, compared, recalculated and prodded and squished numbers till it feels like my eyes are going to pop outta my head. We could get a place without too much trouble...but the big deciding factor is what this place will sell for. The friend of my son's who is a realtor and real estate developer has taken us on, and is looking over properties and prices..he's doing some research now for us, to see where we stand in the housing market. I'm optimistic that something will come out Positive for us...I'd like to get out from all the noise and grime and stuff here in the City. But there are other factors to consider, so I have to be patient and see what comes out of all the realtor's findings. Hurry up and wait...hurry up and wait...
I'm out to the studio and get some paper sponged and some blue's and greens covered onto my heavy paper...I think I'll try some other ways of applying paint. I've read of some methods that look pretty cool, so I'm off to go splash paint and make a nice big mess...
Lady of The Tulips -- who has to now find her Really Fat paint brush and hope that it isn't buried under something scary...

2 comments:

PennyBlue said...

This could be my favorite one yet! Now Lady Tulip, we must put away our supplies in their "proper" place so we always know where they are! lol
Maybe the dog took it!

LadyTulip said...

** Yes, I KNOW I'm suppossed to put things away "Proper" ** At least, I think I know I'm suppossed to...Hey ~~ Maybe that's what The Dog was eating this morning...

L.