Thursday, October 04, 2007

** W.I.P. **

I was sitting out in The Very Fine Automobile the other day waiting for The Youngest to get thru paperwork at one of the area employment agencies...I started playing around with my little pak of colored pencils and came up with this little rough piece. I'm not quite to the point of where I can put it together on a canvas board, but the rough idea is here and will get pieced later this week. When The Youngest got back in the car he took one look at my little pile of colored pencils and the little sketch pad and sez, "uhhhmm...can you get that outta the way so I can sit down?..." I don't think he was too impressed. But I did have fun coloring the little fishies..


I've also got some swirling ideas for some other fish, but right now I can't decide how to get all of it sketched out to where it looks like something...Maybe if I literally "sleep of in" something will come to me. I've got to get back over to the art store an' pick up my panels...I meant to yesterday, but at the same time I was goin' to drive over there, I realized the post-season game (Baseball) was on tv., so that put everything to a halt. An' too, The Husband got home early from a freight run out of town. He'd left here at 1:45 or so, an' went all the way to a warehouse only to find out that the one inspector for the frozen food wasn't gonna be there till today or maybe tomorrow at the earliest...somebody in Dispatch made a giant mistake, sent The Husband up there, and didn't read the exact time or day correctly on the dispatch sheet...lottsa bucks for a trip that didn't accomplish anything...whoo boy...somebody's gettin' an ear-ful today. Thank Heavens it isn't The Husband!! But back to ART -- I'm on my way to get the canvas panels and if my cash flow is correct at the bank, I can also get some frames. I need to check my calculator first...sheesh...I know that there are some collage papers I need to replace, an' I'm hoping their still in stock from last summer...if not then I'll do some painting to come up with a color that'll coordinate with what I'm wanting on the panel...whoo..1.293 things all at once...an' I'm not suppossed to be stresed!!

Lady of The Tulips -- who is also wondering whether or not to grab one of those cheapie bags of fibers ribbons for some extra zing on a collage...at $1.00 it may be worth it.

No comments: