Wednesday, October 24, 2007

WIP -- Spring Bay Studio

I was messing around with some of my paints over the weekend, and this is the start of a piece that I've been working on for a couple weeks. That seems sorta weird, I guess ~~ I mean by saying, that there are some people that can whip out a piece of work in something like 2 days, but for me it takes longer. And this rough canvas is an example of how much slower I work than other people. It was a lot of fun, tho to create these colors. I had the chance to sit in the early morning sun, while waiting for word from The Husband and what he had plans to do for the afternoon. Sometimes he tells me, "I'll call you right back..." and it takes him 3 hours to call "right back" This was one of those mornings where I told myself, Well, if it takes him longer than just a couple minuites, then I'll put the time to good use. Making the depth on the canvas was the most fun. I got really messy...ended up with goop on my shorts, some on my face...It never fails to amaze me how I can get stuff all over me, and still have enuf paint left over to get onto the canvas.

The Husband & I did take a day drive on Sunday to see an opening at a gallery north of here. The town is Hopewell, and the City Fathers have gone and are going thru the process of rebuilding the downtown area. A new beautiful library is under construction, and the old theatre is in the same process. The floors that have been rebuilt and rehabed are wonderfullly open, with plenty of light from windows that look out on the surrounding city. Very Nice, and all of the artists that were displaying their work were warm and friendly. I had the chance to talk with a few and found the afternoon went past in just a woosh! -- I had mistakenly walked downstairs from the second floor, not realizing that there is a 3rd floor, and it had more art and photography on display...well, I thot The Husband had gone outside, so I went wandering along, trying to figure out just where he could have gone...I got a little scared, and while trying to keep calm, I made the most of the situation, and looked over some of the shops that are near the theatre. Wonderful antiques and things that made me happy that I didn't have my debit card in my wallet..besides the fact that all the shops were closed (it was Sunday, after all...) I strolled around the newly built library and marveled at all the Huge windows surrounding the building, and was quite impressed with the overall construction of it. I was by this time getting a little concerned about where The Husband could be, and about the time I started thinking about what kind of strange people would or could possibly be wandering around downtown, I took a look down the street to see some guy looking kinda scary, and not too balanced. My knees just started to buckle, and about the time I thot I'd start making a bee-line towards the car, The Husband came running around a corner of the cross street, saying in a loud voice, "OH!! There you are!! You've got to come back and see what I've found!!" I was never so glad to see his face in a Long Time!!

Ends up that I somehow missed the staircase leading to the 3rd floor, so The Husband took me back in the theatre, and we climbed the stairs up to where the floor was: He brought me over to a photographer who had done some work out in California, and they both wanted me to see some shots that were taken not too far from where we have a little acre plus of land. Very Fine pictures they were, and it was fun to look at some other work from the local area as well. The photographer was kidding with me about disapearing, and said it was something for them all to look down from the 3rd floor to see me wandering away down the street...boy, didn't I feel like a sharp marble...

For any of you interested, the name of the newly rebuilt (and still in the process of being rebuilt..donations are Gladly Accepted!) is The Beacon -- I can't find the flyer that we got from the Art Opening, but the theatre is located downtown Hopewell, Virginia. For any of you in the area, make sure and take the time to go check it out. It is time well spent.

Lady of The Tulips -- who is now trying to get some of her papers glued together just right, but they seem to be having a mind of their own...Blast an' double Blast...

1 comment:

PennyBlue said...

I am the Queen of slow! Oh well, we must all work at our own pace, right? Now keep goin so I can see what ends up on this canvas! lol
Happy Day LT!