Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Untitled -- 2005 Spring Bay Studio

I made this piece some time ago, an' it was sold to a little shop over on the Chesapeake Bay -- I used some tissue papers I bought at a craft store, took some import papers and also used some gauze to create the texture in the piece. I'm thinking of using some other cloth for texture, but can't quite decide what to use.

This is gonna be a short note as I have to get over to the fabric store an' pick up some muslin -- not it won't be used for collage, but I'm using it for a sewing pattern. I'm losing weight still, an' since I'm not certain of my size, I'll cut a pattern on the cheapie muslin before committing some more expensive fabric to cutting. I'm going to a local shop that has lots of different fabrics that just shimmer an' shine...usually they have scraps of fabric originally used for wedding dresses, formals an' other assorted fun times...I'm thinking of grabbing some of those scraps too, an' putting together somethin' in the next few dayz. I also got a piece done that will get on here tomorrow. In the meantime I've got to get down the highway before it gets more hot & humid...yesterday it was 89 Degrees an' lots & lots of humidity. It IS october, but by all that's right and sacred it is nowhere close to Fall in the weather department...my studio is a place to go and have the effects of a sauna...an' I don't have to go to a spa to experience the sultry air...yee gads...

Lady of The Tulips -- who has un-earthed some gold ribbon an' is ready to piece this with some wild papers...my eyes feel funny...

2 comments:

PennyBlue said...

Sounds like you've been a busy bee! I love the hand mojo. And yes, the heat has been oppressive here too. Whatever happened to a good chunk of Fall weather? (sigh) I bet the pooch would surely appreciate it! lol

LadyTulip said...

** The poor pooch went outside to do her "thing" and I am not stretching it...she came back in the house panting like she'd run a race thru town...poor dear. The humidity is nearly unbearable an' my hair is going in 3.498 directions...sigh...

L. ps -- is it REALLY Fall??