Friday, October 19, 2007

** This will probably be a short post, as I have 4.597 errands to run this morning. Then back to the studio to get some painting finished up. I also have to re-stitch 2 seams in a blouse I've been puttering with, so once I get that finished I can wear it this weekend.

The Husband was out in the country earlier this week, and discovered a small town that has a quaint art gallery/shop, along with some small stores and other things that caught his eye. He usually doesn't like to do the "Shopping" thing, but he knows that I like to go and check out unique places, so when he was going Very Slowly thru this one small town, he made a mental note of the downtown, and said it would make a nice day trip on the weekend. So, in theory, we will go and see some of the little places either tomorrow or sunday. The Husband had one of those weird loads of freight again...something like frozen chicken feet, headed overseas to one of the large Asian ports, going to some place where people eat chicken feet. No, this is not a joke--there are thousands of these chicken feet being shipped overseas, and The Husband hauls quite a bit of them every week or so. And, since most of these loads of freight weight somewhere between 80,000 and 90,000 pounds, he doesn't quite get out of his own way, so while driving along at 35 mph top speed, he's able to look at all the small towns with little nooks and crannys that catch his eye. He did say, that once out on the Interstate he is able to make it up to 55 mph, but even then, it takes a few minutes to get up to that cruising speed. Poor thing. Getting nowhere fast some days...

I've got some more fishies lurking in my sketch pad over in the front room, but I can't quite decide just how they'll come together. I was going to download them here, but didn't see how they would fit with some other sketches I did during the week. Maybe it's that old fear, "Your Not Good Enough!!" -- keeps me sitting on the couch doubting everything I'm painting, drawing, cutting...no wonder my nerves are shot...

Lady of The Tulips -- who is now wondering if some blue-green watercolor pencils will be easier to use than messin' about with acrylics...hmmm...

No comments: