Saturday, October 06, 2007


I found this paper the other week on a shelf at one of the local discount stores...I don't know if I can say the name of the store 'cause I don't know about legal issues or whatever...but I just fell in love with this. There are also 3 other prints in this pak of paper, so I'm gonna be really torn on which ones to use first..just another one of the 3,596 decisions in a day...
I have to go around my neighborhood an' collect membership's for the local civic league...I have about 5 families to ask, but they don't seem to be home at the moment. I have the fortune of living on a corner, so I can look up and down the cross street an' be able to find out who's at home or not. The little courtyard across from my house only has 5 or so houses on it, but those families are rarely home...well, one guy's single an' quite the party-guy, so to find him home would be this side of a miracle!! He went to school w/ 2 of my son's an' one of my boys worked w/the guy a couple years ago at one of the local fast food restraunts. Pizza place, actually. Some funny stories, there... But in the meantime I'll wait an' see when some of the folks get home then I can go collect their membership dues.
Got my canvas board jus' about done..have 4 sheets of teeny paper to apply & I'm done. I'll post on here tomorrow afternoon after it's all dry. I've got to get to the store today an' pick up something for a picnic tomorrow afternoon at the park across the street. The Civic League has a yearly picnic an' tomorrow is suppossed to be clear and warm -- we've have drippy cloudy humid-to-no-end weather for the last 2 days...my skin feels like it's in a perpetual drip...but the weather people call for clear skies and sunshine! Just what we need for a nice afternoon!! The question is what to fix for the pot-luck dinner...salad? A hot casserole?? Too many decisions...
The Husband has work for this weekend..he's not complaining!! The youngest was suppossed to work today, but his Boss did't call him about it this a.m. like he was going to, so my son's pretty bummed. He'd like to have made the extra $$ but Maybe next week..Right now I'm waiting for a call from The Mr. an' see what he wants to do for tomorrow...he usually comes up w/much better ideas for food than me!! Ain't that weird?? He's one of those who enjoys food, but neither one of us do the Fancy Dinner stuff...jus' basic dinners what aren't an arm & a leg in the cost department..ol' fashioned is the term!!
Must get going an' do some touch-up painting!!
Lady of The Tulips -- who has also got some projects in 2 file folders but doesn't have the canvas boards - yet! I've tried for 2 weeks to go get those %^"#& things...blast an' double blast!!

No comments: