Friday, October 12, 2007

"She Followed Me Home...(Can I Keep Her?)" 2007 Spring Bay Studio


I had portions of this piece sitting in a folder for the Longest Time, and I just couldn't gather the other elements for it that seemed Together...Finally I sat down the other day and repositioned, reset, got up from the table..got a bottle of water...walked back in the studio...and finally came up with the layout that seemed the most comfortable. The little girl is just such a sweety..I couldn't stand for her to keep sitting in the file basket without a home of her own. Now she's happy and has a new friend...

I'm feeling better than yesterday..tho I've no idea of what the Corporation People have in store for me...I've decided that they have a lot more issues than I could imagine, so I've put them out of my mind for the time being. My art is what is the most important thing to me, and as I sit out in the studio and cut, draw, paint and play, that's what I'll continue to do. The Horrible People and their programmed answers for people with illnesses who have overpriced Hospital Bills...well, that is another and altogether ugly issue that won't be discussed for now...I need to remain as calm as I can be, and even thinking of THEM makes me begin to feel lightheaded. My work is getting completed, and that's what I'll focus on.

I've got some sketches that are half colored and half filled in with ink...I've discovered that my Favorite Pen in the Whole Wide World is running out of ink...I was once again sitting out in a parking lot while The Youngest filled out another job application..and this sketch has some potential for coming together quite nicely. The problem I'm having, is that once I get on a roll in the car with all my little colored pencils and my fine-line pen...I loose track of time an' just flow with what I'm sketching in my little sketch pad...then The Youngest walks up without much sound, scaring me Half-To-Pieces, and once he climbs in the car I have to put all my stuff back together (pencils all held together w/ a fat industrial looking rubber band...) and get them tucked away in my bag. Today we were in a not-so-safe neighborhood to begin with...and here I am sitting in the car messin' about with my little colored pencils...and out of the blue I hear footsteps outside of the little car...I did't quite scream, as much as I made kind of a "ahgggrewwuuuu" kind of noise...My poor son looked at me like I'd gone off the deep end...I Told him that he'd given me the scare-of-the-day an' he just looked at me like It Was Time For A Vacation For YOU....Think he's right about that one...

And today is The youngest's Birthday...he turns 23!! AHH!! It really does seem like yesterday that we brought him into our little place on the side of a hill in Connecticut...we've come a LONG way since The Husband was in the Navy...sitting in a falling-down mobile home next to a creek filled with skunk-cabbage...snow along the driveway and nowhere for a new mother to walk with her baby...Fortunately we were put into Military Housing and had room for all 3 boys...NO!! I Do Not miss those cold days in that falling down mobile home..It was in such bad shape that Ihad to call the Health Dept. about the condition of the "House" and after they and the Military Housing Dept. got ahold of the Landlord, it was taken off the "Official List" of available "homes" for Navy Families...Shwooo...How we made it thru some of those years is ANYBODY'S guess...Now he's tall and lean...working today over at the Industrial Complex for Norfok Marine Terminals -- there's a Huge Freezer complex, and he's moving pallets of frozenfood...Chicken Turkey and Other Thangs...The Husband just took a load of freight there, and was able to, as he sez, "Got to shake my son's hand today, an' wish him Happy Birthday!!" -- How Cool is That

I've got some other sketches to mess around with, and The Husband jus' called to say he's on his way back to the truck terminal...And Guess Who has Nothing Even Considered for Dinner Tonight? ~~ I'm tellin' ya ~~ Once I get playin' with my papers, pencils an' gel pens, there's no tellin' how long I'll sit out there...

Lady of The Tulips ~~ who, Yahoo, just remembered that there are some veges in the fridge, along with some fresh taters an' a new package of lettuce ~~ Ha! ~~ An' I thot there'd be just toast for dinner...silly me...

No comments: