Friday, August 01, 2008

















The projects on the table ~~ Literally ~~ This week include the flower print for a new bag, and the teal colored fabric is for an apron that I need to use around the house. The coolest thing about both projects is that I didn't pay one dime (or penny or anything else) for the fabric.

Both are from an old box of fabric that I'd had for over 10 years. Both were given to me, but for the life of me I can't remember who it was. But am I ever glad they did!! The flower print goes pretty well with the layout of the Hobo Bag I'm putting together. I'd seen another pattern for the same bag, but for nearly $10 more for the pattern..not something in this girls price range!! And the apron pattern I'd bought about a year ago. I'd made one of the patterns in the envelope, but with the move & all, it's disappeared, so I dig, hunted, poked and prodded all around my little room and found these fabrics and STUFF instead. Yeah for being a Semi-Pack-Rat!!

I've also got a canvas sitting Very Patiently ~~ Waiting for it's coat of Gesso, and to Get Started for a project for my friend...I'm REALLY> procrastinating on this thing...I mean, I sat out in my little hammock~chair for over an hour the other day...thinking that something would prompt me to Get Going on it. All it made me do was think of a Jimmy Buffett song, and then I wanted to have a margarita, so there went all that momentum on Being An Artist...and no ~~ I Did Not have the margarita...tho after talking with The Husband this morning on the phone, the drink did come in my head with a big sign that said DRINK ME!! ~~ No, I'm not goin' to ~~

Now I have to get this stuff started in it's next phase ~~ Plus call a neighbor 'bout a car mechanic. The Very Fine Automobile needs too much stuff done, an' the only way to get it done is to find a semi-sorta-kinda-honest car mechanic and hope for the best...gives me indigestion just thinking about it all...

Lady of The Tulips ~~ Staring out the window an' thinking of why Jimmy Buffett is still in my head...no drink, but I will go sit in my porch swing for a while ~~

No comments: