Friday, August 08, 2008

~~ Another one of those quick posts, 'cause there is still a lot of work for me out in the kitchen, and some laundry needs to get done, too. I've also got to get dinner pots and pans cleaned, then start the clam spag., -- tom asked for it the other day an' I totally spaced out on getting it made for dinner. ~~

Got my apron done this morning, and now have all the hobo bag pieces sitting behind me, after I got the markings done on them. One thing that always makes me wonder about the people who design patterns, is that, some of the pattern companies say to clip maybe this piece's "points" outward, another company sez cut them inward..some say to make markings at those points with a fabric marker...why can't they all say the same thing?? Is there some written rule with these ocmpanies that tells it's employees to drive the customer nuts by not writing out the directions in the same way?? Hmmpph...one of life's little irritations, that's what it iz...But now I'm closer to getting the bag sewn and out of the way, then I can start on a peasant blouse patternt thatI recently bought some yummy fabric for. That'll be nice as this next week is supossed to be hot hazy and humid, so a cool cotton flowing blouse is just the ticket!! "It's not the heat, it's the humidity", is CERTAINLY TRUE ~~ I just can't get a thing done when the humidity climbs wayy up in those double digits...ughh!! I may order some more fabric next week, for another peasant blouse that I haven't made for awhile..it's super comfy, sews up reasonably fast, and makes me feel like a million dollars..

The BIGDAY is tomorrow ~~ Tom & I have to go look for a "new" car ~~ I'm looking forward to it/ I'm hating looking forward to it/I want to go jump out in the ocean and let the tide carry me far, far away...I spent a couple hours(!!) looking at prices, Car Reports and Details On Whatever There Is About Cars For Sale the other day...I'm not kidding, it actually wore me out!! There is soo much to think about when looking for a car..not just that the price for cars is absolutely disgusting, but the fact that there are so many car dealers who don't want to provide the information that they know exists about the cars they have for sale. There are some sales people who you take one good look at, and wonder what prison they just walked out of last week, and there are others that you swear have been stuck in the 1970's, 'cause these guys are still wearing the white suits that made Elvis Pressley a lot of money...and no, they Do Not Look any better 30 -odd years later..So, combining all that, and knowing that I'll be walking up and down isles of cars...my word..I think I'd rather have a hangover..but those Days are long, long over..We have a couple models that we're thinking of -- small, fuel efficient cars, so Tom doesn't have to spent too much $$$ every week just getting to work. He sez maybe we should get a little truck, but on those saturdays where all 3 of us need to get things in town, I can just see us cramming into the truck, all nice and cozzzzzyyyy...no, that's probably not going to work.

So it's looking for maybe another saturn...maybe a little hyundai...or a little honda...there's also a little ford focus..too many things that seem good, then they seem bad...no wonder I felt like my head was spinning in the opposite direction of the Southern Equator..

Anyway -- my canvas has come to a halt...I'm still stuck with the project for my friend..she said for me to mail some pieces of paper(s) to her, but then she hasn't given me her new address...so I'm gonna call her tomorrow, after taking 3 asprin from the headache of looking at used cars...and get the info, and maybe once I get that, I'll get the Muse Into Full Gear..too many ideas are swirling in my head, and I need to just STOP and think of one main idea to put down on the canvas...That's what I think for now..

Must go and get those dinner things goin' -- Noah just talked to his father on the phone, an' Tom's already near the truck terminal for the end of his day...yee gadz!!

** Lady of The Tulips ** wondering if there is one of those tramp steamers sitting at the Port that wouldn't mind me starting work tomorrow bright and early...as I AVOID ALL WORK HERE >>>>

No comments: