Monday, August 25, 2008


>> I know this isn't the closest shot I could have gotten of our little sheds...but here they are <<

I have to admit, that the larger one is my ABSOLUTE favorite...it really and truly is just about to fall into the woods behind it -- Tom sez we have some wild ducks living in the woods directly behind that kinda pink shed..the one that has a severe list goin' on -- Noah sez it makes things very easy for him -- that completely confused me, 'till he said just why >> Seems when he's done with the mowing, he opens the shed door, and there's a little lip to the doorway where the door jam is..then the floor slopes toward the back in a fairly rapid rate, so all Noah has to do with the mower, is give it a little nudge, and it goes toward the back of the shed to where it's stored, and he doesn't have to push or shove it one little bit. Makes for an Auto-Pilot kinda manuver. I think it's funny, but it's probably ready to fall to pieces, that little pink shed...the floor is creaky, and wayy up in the rafters there are remanents (oh hush about that spelling...) of one of those slinky creatures...Noah's too lazy to take it down >> There are all kinds of odds and ends left over from the previous owners...little jars -- 1970's bottle of lighter fluid -- some old picture frames, which I WILL PUT TO USE!! -- lots of weird pieces of wood and other flotsam and jetsum..

I think the reason I like the shed the most, was because of what happened the first day I was here for any length of time -- during the Home Inspection, I'd driven over here after leaving Tom at the truck terminal. I hadn't really any idea of how long it took (takes?!) to drive here from the terminal, so I left right away..something like 6:25 or so...Naturally I got here in just under an hour...an' that left me with Over an hour & a half to look around. I was kinda nervous, 'cause I didn't know if anyone would see me wandering around the property...but if anybody saw me they didn't bother me. When I'd walked around the front porch, and took pictures of the roof, porch floor and all these other THANGs..I'd started to walk toward the shed, when out of the woods directly in front of the house, flew this BIG HUGE OSPREY!! -- not only did it fly out of the woods, but it also had a Big Ol' Huge FISH in it's talons...I don't know who startled who --- me startling the bird, or the bird startling ME!! -- But it flew off at an angle from where it was originally going, landing on/in the big oak tree directly behind the old pink shed...where said osprey started eating it's "Catch of The Day" -- with bits and pieces of said fish landing on the metal shed of the roof ...pingg..thunk...bonk..All I could do was stand in the front yard, staring up into the tree, thinking "Well isn't THIS somethin'!! That whole episode sold me on the house before I even walked back indoors!!

And now the shed is sitting in the woods, which are starting to drop their leaves..slowly but surely. I can't believe it's already early Fall -- But the past couple weeks, WAYYY early in the morning, I've heard big, big flocks of geese, flying south...we're on the East Coast Flyway for all the Canadian Geese, Swans, Hawks, etc., etc. ~~ I started to see the Swamp Maples dropping their leaves about a month ago (they naturally drop earlier than other hardwoods...don't know why, but that's what they DO) ~~ and now the others are starting to turn color too...leaves are starting to gather around the fringes of the "yard" and the woods that Noah cleared are starting to look a little thinner and thinner..What Just Happened to Summer?? Did I sleep thru the whole thing?? And where was the cute Lifeguard that I was gonna meet this summer?? SOMEBODY TELL ME<> >> well...maybe an answer...

Must go and play with some of my color pens and pencils...my little brain has another BEACH idea floating around...maybe something with those Tropical Colors and Stuff....whheeeeeee

Lady of The Tulips -- listening to Sara snoring in the hallway...she's got some kinda bug bite in her ear an it bothers me to no end..she just acts like it's a little irritation...hmmhpphh...

2 comments:

turquoise cro said...

That land LOOKS cozy too! Very pretty!!! An Osprey!!! woo hoo! Hey Lauri! That shed needs some cosmos planted beside it!!! I'm a good one to talk, I never planted one this year, some sprang up from last year's seeds! Phew! I had cosmos everywhere last year, soOOOoOOo pretty!!! Someone got la-Z this year! I can't believe summer is almost over! either! My muse must have went on vacation! LOL

LadyTulip said...

** I really should plant some kind of flowers beside that ol' shed **!!

The previous owners had some kind of shrub that Noah had to attack...the thing was WAYYY too big -- made it difficult to get to the door!! LOL!!

~~ May be able to show some OTHER little babies I've got for our fall garden ~~ Stay Tuned!!


L.