Wednesday, August 27, 2008

















Thinking I should title this post..Falling Apart at The Seams..and Finally Giving Up The Ghost...

The picture on the right is what happened when I went to open my roller shade this morning..ya know...open the window...let in all the nice morning light...HA!! The roller shade just went FLUMP on the little work table...

Then when I stood on the chair and re-roll the shade..the entire thing came off it's little roller and hook in the window, and went into a heap on the floor..that'd be the picture on the left...

It would seem that NOW would be the time to start checking out those Off-Season Rates across the Albemarle Sound on the Outer Banks and check out a good Loooooonnnggggg weekend for me and oh yeah...maybe Tom, too...HA!! ok --

So anyway ~~ The way the rest of the morning went, was I called wait..Last nite I called one of the vet.clinics near us...but the answer service hooked me up to Another one not too terribly far away...well...I get in touch with the Vet..tell him ALL about Miss SARA and her ickiee ear..n he immediately starts in on how much the whole thing is gonna cost..OH! and don't forget the extra cost for her staying overnight... -- the conversation just basically went to Hell in a Handbasket, and after I got off the phone and stopped shaking...after I realized this guy wanted me to put the charges (somewhere up near $600 or so) on a credit card...AND after I realized that without any transportation I'd be looking at walking me andMISS SARA the 15 miles up to the Vet clinic...Visions of me with some rancid bottle of Rot Gut Whiskey started to not look so darn bad after all...

So I called the vet clinic up the highway..talked to a VERY nice girl, who made sure to let me know that THEY WERE NOT LIKE THE OTHER CLINIC -- and telling me that the cost was a Fraction of what I was first told last night...Well Let Me Tell You About Feeling Relief!! -- so I talked with a neighbor who is Very Understanding of All Things Doggie, and since she has 3 said little doggies, we've devised up a plan to get Miss Sara to the clinic tomorrow afternoon, leave her there for her ear - fix - up and pick her up the next morning, after all the surgery (they have to lance her ear and get stitches done..) and meds wear off ---she should be good to go. Tom let me know that the first time sara had something like this done, he'd had to wait for OVER 3 HOURS!! before the vet let Sara go, and oh yeah, HAD TO MAKE SURE THAT THE $600 WAS PAID RIGHT NOW PAL!! ~~ Are you getting the idea that I'm not too fond of some MONEY GRUBBING DOCTORS?? ~~ What EVAH gave you such an idea??

So I'm feeling better this afternoon -- Sara is just hanging in there...she doesn't feel too swift...but I've gotten a little cotton swab and dabbed some Benedriyl on her ear VERY gently just to numb the pain she has...and it keeps her from shaking her blasted head for whatever reason dogs shake their head for things. Tom feels better, cause he cant take time off of work to get the dog to the vet...which is the Whole Reason I've had to try and mess around with logistics of getting from point A to point B -- And when I told the Vet last night about THAT part of the problem, he was as unimpressed as a frog out in the swamp...I MEAN!!! OOHHHH....just makes my blood boil all OVAH again, so I Wont discuss it AGAIN..

Meanwhile -- I've got a new project on the little craft table...hopefully can get a good shot of it tomorrow..in between all the mesin' about with Sara..I think I do want to meet that nice young man I saw the other day... just kidding..tho he probably would be fun to go on vacation with....HA!!

** Lady of The Tulips **
wondering why it is she feels Really Old right now...oh wait..it's just cause I'm sitting weird in this office chair...don't worry...

No comments: