Thursday, August 28, 2008


Last weekend, Tom & I were in the hardware store, getting odds and ends that we've needed for the house...I'd mentioned that I needed a lamp of some kind for the studio. That word, Lamp, for ME, means something that emits lots of light, useful for working at the little work table, making it easier for me to see the little lines and marks on papers, fabric and other assorted STUFF that I mess around with. Literally while I had my back turned, Tom found this lamp, grabbed it and had it in his hand at about the same time that I said that one about medium size would work for me. He got this somewhat LARGE lamp...it doesn't quite get the light over to the craft table, but I've discovered that the lamp, combined with the ceiling fan light, don't do too bad a job giving me LIGHT!! Plus, it has that spiffy base to it, that Tom thot was pretty cool. That in itself is REALLY saying somethin'!! He usually races thru the store, being one that DOES NOT LIKE ANYTHING TO DO WITH SHOPPING >>> even at a hardware store. So, I consider this lamp something of a Trophy for the Studio!!

The tropical storm is still hanging around overhead, over-my-damp-ness, and making things take for EVAH to dry...I can't imagine what kinda agony the people further south went thru with this storm..I jus know that it hasn't stopped dripping/raining/sprinkling for the last 3 days. The plants are Kicking A*** and enjoying the TAR outta all the water. The hydrangea was lookin' a little weak around the edges over the weekend, 'cause we'd has so little rain. When I walked little miss Muffett this morning, I glanced over at that shrub, and it looks 12,345 times better. Shows whatta little water can do for ya!! The critters in the woods sound like their happy as can be -- AND SPEAKING OF WHICH...

Last week I was being Stubborn and not trying to finish a couple projects I had goin' around the house...so while AVOIDING EVERYTHING I went to the front storm door to stare at the woods across the street, an' while looking toward our side yar, I just happened to see, RUNNING AT FULL SPEED... a nice little female deer...an' I MEAN, she was FLYIM" THRU OUR YARD!! it looked like she'd been eating some of the acorns or whatever behind the shed, an' something startled her, an' off she went. All I could do was stand there with my mouth hangin' open, thinking, "Well, isn't THAT a fine thing to see!" I've got no idea where she thot she was running to, but who am I to ask what a Deer Thinks?? Do Deer Really Think? -- or do they just make a Bee-line for the vegetable garden, and THAT"S THAT!!?? Ohh, it's just too much for me to think of right now!!

Gotta go and get some painting done on a little piece I've got right younder..No, over THERE... See?? Ok...

Lady of The Tulips -- Hoping that the shirts that need ironing will jus' sorta get up and get themselves Done without any effort on my part...

No comments: