Saturday, August 16, 2008

W.I.P. -- I tried to get a somewhat clear shot of this canvas the other day -- hope it's not too cloudy for ya'll to see!!

This is for a friend of mine who wanted something for her new house ~~


I'm adding things and spiffy stuff as we speak -- no, make that WRITE -- she was wondering when I'd get done with it, an' all I could tell her was the color of some of the paints and the papers that I'm adding on...she's never gotten anything like this -- all of the places she's lived, she doesn't have much in the way of COLOR!! -- So I'm hoping to change that for her!! This is a difficult piece for me, cause it's not the colors or idea (s) that I'm used to doing/using/looking at. I'm so tied into blues/greens/sea-colors that a totally WAY DIFFERENT piece is really throwing me for a loop!! Yes, I admit I'm LOOPY!! but that is no suprise, now, is it??

*** There is a BIG bunch of noise that's been going on for the last week *** Somebody across the woods is tearing down a WHOLE LOT OF TREES ~~ Which makes me wonder why they bought some land in the woods to begin with..then haul off and cut all the trees down...WHAT THE???? Goes to show ya just never know -- One of the large hardwoods had been shoved over but hadn't completely fallen down...well yesterday while I was painting, I hear this HUGE GROANING CREEEEEKKKKK kinda sound, and then a HUGE THUDDDD!!! ~~ The poor innocent tree finally had been given the heave-ho and ended it's life..Poor Thing!! It pains me to hear these huge trees being cut down...here they've been for over 50 years, an' now there they go into the dump ~~ SAD ~~


Must go and get some more work on this canvas -- I'll post the next shot of my work while it's still goin' along... MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG ~~ ROLL ALONG ~~ ROLL ALONG!!! ~~ sorry, that's what suddenly popped into my little head..

Lady of The Tulips -- listening for the sound of her chimes on the front porch, instead of a bulldozer...

4 comments:

turquoise cro said...

LOL at first I didn't like it I HATE to say but NOW I do!!!! It's like those Sour Patch candies,first they're sour, then they are SWEET! huh???!!! It's magical maybe??!! I used to do abstract, this reminds me of angels! Are YOU mad at me???! Have a PEACEFUL Sunday sweetie!!!

LadyTulip said...

NO!! Not Mad at you -- I know doin' an abstract is not somethin' I'm used to doin. -- take a gander at today'z post & le' me know if you like some of the extraz that I've got goin' on ~~

"K??

L.

Ruth said...

Oh darlin' Tulip Lady...how I have missed you and your whimsical shenanigans... You made me smile and giggle out loud this afternoon...perusing your sweet blog. I love love your little cottage by the lake...or under the twees...?? just precious. You're turning it into a darlin' dollhouse indeed....no surprise to me. I love your WIP too...yummy buttery colors..you're taking some huge leaps of creativity...I'm so proud of you. Can't wait to see your hobo bag and peasant blouses...I loves me some peasant blouses..I'm such a bohemian anyway...but I haven't sown (?) in sooo long...I really need to get back into it...just to save some money...if nothing else.

ok...I've taken up enough space.

XOXOX Ruth

turquoise cro said...

Phew! I'm sooOOOOOOOooo GLAD you're not mad at me! tee hee