Saturday, August 09, 2008


I WAS going to go sit in my little swing out on the front porch this afternoon, but then all I could hear was a LOT of CRASH<> SMASH<> Somebody across the woods is, I guess, clearing part, if not all of their land, and the bulldozer has been at it for most of this afternoon ~~ So there goes the Quiet Peaceful Sitting in my little porch swing...

No wonder all of the birds have been quiet today ~~ THEY know something is amiss. Wish they would've told ME!!

Had one of our neighbors over earlier this morning, while Tom & Noah went once again to the hardware store to get paint and supplies...I thot about telling them to get me some paint, so I can decorate that black/white/something-else-sorta-color-folding-chair near my front porch swing. But they were in a hurry ~~ Actually in such a hurry, that noah came in the bedroom while I was sound asleep, to tell his father to WAKE UP so they could get goin' down the highway. So much for the plans to go look for a "New" used car today...But I had a nice visit with our neighbor anyway -- We had to discuss the Nature of The Health Care Industry...(Or lack thereof) and OtherImportant Information (Not necessarily neighborhood gossip...so THERE!) We had a good time!! The breeze is blowing just right today, and with the temperatures not as blistering as they've been, it's actually comfortable to sit outside. And the mosquitoes must have the day off, cause I think I may have seen 3 all morning!! What a difference that is! WHOA!!

The sewing is at a halt for the moment. . I've got my hobo bag all ready to go, but with the fleece I've got, I'm having a dickens of a time getting my fabric markers to leave the markings on the fabric where I need them to be!! ARRGGGHHH >>> so I'm sitting here, not procrastinating, butsortakindasomethinglikeit avoiding all work possible. It's 'cause the weather has me feeling like taking a Brief Vacation...or at least 'till the load of laundry in the dryer gets finished. Besides, the dog may want something from me, so I can't possibly go an start sewing right NOW!! what would the dog do??

Blah >>

Must go see what's goin' on out by the deck all of a sudden...I'm hearing cars, and since I'm not expecting anybody, I'm wondering why someone is outside...hmmmm..

Lady of The Tulips -- hearing an old country~western song in my head that reminds me of desert evenings and too much fun...

No comments: