Tuesday, August 12, 2008


Noah got the final coat of exterior paint done just this last week, so now I can get a good shot of our little place here in the woods >>

We've had so much rain, that I was a little leary of standing in the grass in the front of the cabin, 'cause I wasn't sure if my feet would get soaked or not. I'd just taken this picture, when it got really cloudy, and I thot we'd get a frog-strangler-type of storm for sure...but all that happened was some wind and some little branches falling from the pine trees. The following night we had a BIG STORM!! With tons and tons of lightening, and some claps of thunder that literally shook the windows and walls. I'm usually not one to get nervous in a good soaking rain, but this storm barely shed 1.2203 of an inch of water...the electricity outside made up for no rain. My word!!

Now we're in much cooler temps than we've had for a long time. Makes it feel sooo nice to be able to jus' leave the windows open at night. We couldn't leave them open in the city -- too many looney-tunes running around and breaking into houses, via open windows..Now it's such a joy!! And last night the temps were in the upper 60's, so it was Divine!! Good sleeping weather is just what I needed, I guess, 'cause this morning I was sound asleep, when Tom called to tell me it was 8:12 in the morning, on 8/12 -- Isn't that boy clever??

Got some work done on my hobo bag..it's givin' me fits and spits, so I put it away for now. I cut out a peasant blouse pattern after I messed with my bag -- hopefully IT won't give me such headaches. I've got a canvas painted for my friends collage -- I'll post W>I>P> shots of it tomorrow. I'm getting a little better at the different colors for this project, but it's still hard for me to get his project really going...it's getting there, just not as fast as I'd like for it to move.

Must get going, as Tom is on his way home -- he's gotta get up before 1:30 tomorrow a.m., an' haul a container to pick up frozen food...I'm almost scared to find out what he's picking up -- last time it was hog ears...no, I'm not going to tell you what it was for, either...

Lady of The Tulips - listening to some woodpeckers having a disagreement with one another in the pine trees out front...hmmm..

1 comment:

turquoise cro said...

LOVE your cabin!!! It makes me want to take a nap right there on the front porch!!! zzzzZZZZZZZ tee hee soOOOOooO cozy!!! wake me up in a bit!