Monday, August 04, 2008

~~ Have to take a minute and get something written before I hop back to the work table and do some painting ~~

The fabric is nearly all cut for my hobo bag ~~ I'd gotten really close to cutting the final pieces on Fri., but Tom got off work early, and when he got to the house, he & Noah took off to run errands and tom was able to transfer his driver license to this state. No easy task, an' it's all too complicated for my little brain to figure out, but he's all good now, so that's what's important. Noah got a new ID too -- I'm not sure if he got a new drivers permit or not, but he's got an ID. I'd hoped to get to the town w/them, but didn't get a chance 'till Saturday. Then I got some of the sewing supplies that I'd needed -- new scissors that cut like a DREAM -- some embroidery scissors too. Very sharp, so I'll have to be extra careful when I first use them. And of course, we had to get some of the basics..paper towels, trash bags...blah, blah, blah...boring stuff. BUT ~~ I did find a spiffy new folding chair to sit out on the front porch...I'm not sure of what kind of Permanent furniture to set out there, so just a little folding outdoor chair will do for now. I've seen so many different ways to decorate a front porch...my brain feels melted from looking at all the different designs...And just when tom sez to me, "OK NOW!! NO splurge or impulse buying!!" Why Yes, Mr. Grump Ass...an' then he hauls off an' buys this EXTRA BIG HUGE GIANT FRIZBEE... my last nerve got out of town jus' about at that point...I didn't even bother to look at how much the thing cost, it got me so irritated. Urrgggghhhh ----

But on a lighter note...we also got the dog some clean and sparkly smelling doggie shampoo, and noah & tom say they'll give her a bath...we'll see how long it iz till that happens. She rolls ALL OVER in the grass when I take her for a walk, and naturally she brings in all that mud and goo, which makes me sweep and vacuum it all up! But I did get a new broom, an' it picks up her fur and stuff (i.e. MUD BLOBZ>>>) quite well, so there ya go!

While I was cutting out some pattern pieces for my new apron, I had the EXTRA EXCITEMENT!! of watching the new neighbors across the street get 1/2 of their mobile home delivered...whatta nightmare for that poor driver!! Yee Gadz, he manuvered (oh thatz spelled really bbaaaadddd...) that big ol' thing around our corner and the cross street for over 1/2 hour. No way would I take that mans job!! Now it's interesting to see how long it is before the other portion gets delivered...my poor grass along the paved street!! SMOOSH!! fortunately the branches of our liliac trees didn't get broken, that front the paved street...they feel happy!

Gottz to get this work done before tom gets home from the terminal -- he stayed in town today, so he probably doesn't know how to act!! HA!

Lady of The Tulips ~~ Hearing something out front again...must be the other part of the mobile home...

No comments: